Main Forum

Question for the Community Art Competition.

5 replies
Votes:
+25
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
This is more of a forum question not a server question, sorry.
----I'm not quite confident of the rules or of the meaning of the art theme except the basics. Shall I assume that by: "What happens under the moonlight" means anything with a sense of night is within proper guidance? I'd like to also be clarified on the rules of the event as well. Just like a professional competition, I know that we must have an original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. But I am unsure if you are including the non-exclusive perpetual license. Also, are you restricting the number of pieces one can put forward? I don't plan to hand in more than one illustration but, for future reference should I assume you are?
----Lastly, may I ask how it's being judged so I may lay the groundwork for my design more accurately? I know how most people judge artwork but since this is not a proper competition, should I still be inclined to think that the following will be used when critiquing?
  • Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the competition?
  • Is there a creative interpretation of the subject/ theme?
  • Is the originality of the work interesting?
  • Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
  • The quality of the images submitted will play a role in the judging process.
de569ab1cdedabfd.png
Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Lily AdminArt
Votes:
+264
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 6
1: I designed the theme with an intent for participants to draw their characters doing something at night.
Examples: A gang cat slaying an innocent cat, a cat patrolling, a cat hunting, with their mate, etc.
2: All art obviously must belong to you, but you're welcome to take inspiration from other pieces and incorporate them into your submission.
3: We are restricting submissions to 1 piece, you can make multiple, but select your best.
4: As a previous judge and one who entered in our first contest, we observe all of the pieces and typically list it's pros and cons. We also like to take in account the emotion and story behind the piece, so it's always good to make things less flat! Also your points are correct, we look for all of those in each submission!
Official Administrator on PPWC

Rules | Report a Player | Appeal a Ban | Support

If you have a question/concern, feel free to private message me!
Posted Apr 4, 18
Helpful
List
Undo
Votes:
+25
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
Thank you!
de569ab1cdedabfd.png
Posted Apr 4, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+25
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
---I didn't want to make another post for a simple questions so here I am. Is there a requirement to post in the Artwork Forums? I assume this only because I can not post within said Forums.
de569ab1cdedabfd.png
Posted Apr 16, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Lily AdminArt
Votes:
+264
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 6
You can actually submit art using the latest forum we have for artwork, we retired the older one and now use the Community Art tab, if you click on the tab it'll bring you to an area you can post on! I'll ask Joe if we can remove the old one or archive it somehow, but hopefully this answers your question!
Official Administrator on PPWC

Rules | Report a Player | Appeal a Ban | Support

If you have a question/concern, feel free to private message me!
Posted Apr 17, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+25
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
Oh! Thanks. And yes that would be a good idea seeing as how it is kind of confusing.
de569ab1cdedabfd.png
Posted Apr 20, 18 · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices