Main Forum

Cocoa, a valid name, a disscussion

6 replies
Votes:
+36
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
SO i was recommending names for a friend today for a Dustclan cat and theirs Cocoa beans everywhere so I thought "Cocoa-" as a prefix, I typed it in chat and people said that is not valid because Cocoa are two leg things. I don't think this makes sense because if yarrow and thistle and marigold are known to cats, then why cant Cocoa? I mean its literately all around the Dustclan cats because their in the jungle. Cocoa isent also just chocolate, its a type of bean. So if Cocoa wasent valid because its "Not in the books" then why is Jungle valid? Or Coal? Im confused.
Posted Jun 3, 18 · OP
ፈᎥᎮᏂᏋᏒ Trial Mod
Votes:
+130
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 5
Since we're on the topic of weird names may I also ask why gods and Zodiacs are valid? And i'm not just talking about Greek gods but also Egyptian gods like Isis.
I doubt Kittypets would know this stuff, much less loners. Another thing is how are words from different languages valid? Like words like Ao, which is the English translation of the Japanese word blue, these words come from Japan but similar words to it are used. Like some people are just translating words like Gravel or Sky or something into Japanese and using the English characters with that and i'm wondering how is that valid?
꓄ꃅꍟ ꉓꀤᖘꃅꍟꋪ ꃅꀎꈤ꓄ ꀤꌗ ꂦꈤ

Posted Jun 3, 18 · Last edited Jun 3, 18
List
Undo
Sci_Fi31 Head Mod
Votes:
+25
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 2
For Ombre -
Coal is a name shared by three characters in the series, so you could argue that it is valid. However, these characters are all loners - but it's better than the names not showing up at all, for example, with names such as Cocoa- (or Cacao-). Just because it's a bean doesn't mean it's valid - in fact, if anything, cocoa beans would be the deathberries of the jungle (and that would be an odd name to give your child).

Since jungles are an environment not explored in the series, who knows, Cocoa- could be valid in the series (with the previous argument still standing. Cats are not eating cocoa beans). One could argue that this is why Jungle- is valid as well, even though it didn't appear in the books. Honestly, what names are valid isn't a set list. It's debatable, and up to whoever you ask. A lot of the time, it could be up to what sounds good.

A rule of thumb: if most people know what it is without asking you thesaurus.com, and cats would know what it is, it's a valid Clan name. People telling you that Cocoa- name was invalid aren't the final source on that, and neither am I. Yep. Ask Katie (sorry Katie).

Here's a useful, albeit incomplete list of valid names: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D7vT_ztRhB3w2d6BgS1E_rAQoR7Oz9YFOcrk-TYSii4/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Link broke
Official Head Moderator on PPWC

Rules | Report a Player | Appeal a Ban | Support

If you have a question/concern, feel free to private message me!
Posted Jun 3, 18 · Last edited Jun 3, 18
List
Undo
Cats Retired
Votes:
+213
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 6
who are you to say i dont eat cocoa beans
Posted Jun 4, 18
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+10
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 1
then again this is a roleplay with sentient cats so the real question goes; does it really matter
Posted Jun 4, 18
Funny
List
Undo
Joebama Web AdminAdmin
Votes:
+798
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 9
Since we're on the topic of weird names may I also ask why gods and Zodiacs are valid? And i'm not just talking about Greek gods but also Egyptian gods like Isis.
I doubt Kittypets would know this stuff, much less loners. Another thing is how are words from different languages valid? Like words like Ao, which is the English translation of the Japanese word blue, these words come from Japan but similar words to it are used. Like some people are just translating words like Gravel or Sky or something into Japanese and using the English characters with that and i'm wondering how is that valid?

These names are only valid for Kittypets because Kittypets are house cats. These cats are named BY twolegs, and are not named by themselves or by other a like. That is why ALMOST anything is valid for a Kittypet.
Official Administrator on PPWC

Rules | Report a Player | Appeal a Ban | Support

If you have a question/concern, feel free to private message me!

Joebama.jpg
Posted Jun 4, 18
List
Undo
ፈᎥᎮᏂᏋᏒ Trial Mod
Votes:
+130
Forum Vote Level
LEVEL 5
Oh sorry about this I forgot to mention, for loners. I noticed a lot of people do this stuff for loners, which makes sense for Kitty-pets but not for Loners. Sorry about forgetting that really important part. And I mean as this is valid as I have seen these types of names be approved by staff. Like it just makes no sense to me at least.
꓄ꃅꍟ ꉓꀤᖘꃅꍟꋪ ꃅꀎꈤ꓄ ꀤꌗ ꂦꈤ

Posted Jun 4, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices